[QA] June 27th testing activity

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 13 00:12:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Markus Glaser <glaser at hallowelt.biz> wrote:

> I'm game! If I can make it... Send the pizza to Regensburg, Germany ;)
> hehe.
>
> Seriously, I'd like to attend, online. IRC will be good. If there's video
> available, the better. Hangout will do as well.

 I'll be there in person and I intend to use real code so people can follow
along.   We'll start with this or something close to it:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/68283/

There in the room we will discuss what to add to the existing Cucumber
scenarios, then we'll make the test steps and expand the page object to
make the tests work.  And then we'll check in the finished test to the real
git repository.

Wikilove is a great feature to work with, it's fun, a good subject for
browser tests with lots of javascript and navigation but not too
technically challenging, shows the power of Cucumber, and the resulting
test will be truly valuable.  We broke Wikilove in production not long ago,
I've been wanting to write this test for a while now.

-Chris