[QA] Gerrit/QA/BrowserTests rights and one other silly question

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 10 20:47:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Tomislav Plavcic <tplavcic at gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 10.06.2013 18:09, Chris McMahon wrote:
>
> O.K. Git now works for me - I made a mistake (of not reading tutorial) and
> didn't use "git review" but "git push" command... :(
>

> Great!

I see your commit at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/67865/

Now I would like you to visit that page in gerrit, find the text box and
the button for "Add reviewer".   Put "cmcmahon" in the text box (you should
see auto-complete), click "Add reviewer", then put "zfilipin" too.  Add
anyone else you'd like:  right now only Ċ½eljko and I have privileges to
merge code in the qa/ repository.  (But we'd like to change that pretty
soon.)

When you add a reviewer, that person automatically gets email that there is
a code change in gerrit for them to review.

Historically a big part of "Quality Assurance" for Wikipedia has relied on
code review.  Code review is an important part of how we make software at
WMF.  Unfortunately gerrit is not the most intuitive code review tool in
the world, but we adopted gerrit for many good reasons.  It is worth
learning.
-Chris