[Pywikipedia-l] isBotEdit?

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Thu Mar 17 20:43:13 UTC 2011

> I wrote a script that examines articles using fullVersionHistory(). How can
> I know if a version is edited by a bot or a human?

How do you know who is sitting behind the keyboard?

I presume you mean the bot flag on the change. This is only
useful (and available) in context of the recent changes
(see wikipedia.recentchanges() and wikipedia.newpages()) and
is not available in the revision history of a page.
Minor flag, for example, is present in both places (recent
changes and revision history).

//Marcin