[Pywikipedia-l] import wikipedia

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Tue Mar 15 13:18:46 UTC 2011

Hello,

Whenever I "import wikipedia" (just for example to invoke help(something)
or dir(something) few things happen in the background.

Most notably some Throttles are initialized, and, if you don't have
a user-config.py file, a nice configuration utility is launched.

Is it possible that those things happen when one actually attempts
to invoke the framework and to just inspect it?

An obvious place, to me, is the first invocation of wikipedia.Page.getSite(),
but maybe there are some issues?

//Marcin