[Pywikipedia-l] replace.py -silent -- please comment

Bináris wikiposta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 08:51:54 UTC 2011

I am just running
replace.py -catr:%D0%92%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F . @ -lang:ru
-excepttext:"[[hu:" -save:magyarok.txt -always to collect Hungary-related
articles from Russian Wikipedia.
This stuff has already been running for 10 hours mostly because of
pywikibot.output. When the overwhelming majority of characters appears as
yellow (substituted), this function slows down the program extremely. I see
it writing text on my screen character by character.

This gives me the idea to introduce a new switch: -silent.