[Pywikipedia-l] "edit" option error: 'module' object has no attribute 'ui'

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Fri Jul 1 18:10:05 UTC 2011

With my current installation of Pywikipediabot, whenever I run replace.py
and choose edit, it aborts with an error. I'm running on Debian (Linux) and
I have python-tk installed.  (I had it working on a previous computer. From
memory, it also had python-tk installed, and it was either running Debian or
Ubuntu - can't recall).

At the message:
*Do you want to accept these changes? ([y]es, [N]o, [e]dit, open in
[b]rowser, [a]ll, [q]uit) *

I enter: *e*

And I get this output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "replace.py", line 808, in <module>
    main()
  File "replace.py", line 799, in main
    bot.run()
  File "replace.py", line 428, in run
    as_edited = editor.edit(original_text)
  File "/home/PATH/editarticle.py", line 121, in edit
    pywikibot.ui.editText(text, jumpIndex=jumpIndex,
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ui'

The relevant line in editarticle.py is

120            return self.restoreLinebreaks(
121                pywikibot.ui.editText(text, jumpIndex=jumpIndex,
122                                      highlight=highlight))

Any suggestions? Thanks.

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.