[Pywikipedia-l] error in replace.py rewrite branch

Russell Blau russblau at imapmail.org
Fri Sep 25 14:50:39 UTC 2009

Matias wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Russell Blau <russblau at imapmail.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > If you do use a generator factory, the correct method call is
> > "gen = genFactory.getCombinedGenerator()" without any argument(s).
>
> The script i'm using is replace.py. I didn't made any modifications to
> that
> part (only template validations for skipping the page at all if present).
> That
> part is entirely untouched.

Actually, that's not quite true.  The relevant loop in the current revision
of rewrite/scripts/replace.py is as follows:

    # Read commandline parameters.
    for arg in pywikibot.handleArgs(*args):
        if genFactory.handleArg(arg):
            continue
        if arg == '-regex':
            regex = True
# ... many elif: clauses omitted
        else:
            commandline_replacements.append(arg)

    gen = genFactory.getCombinedGenerator()

The code snippet included in your original posting was significantly
different, and the last line read gen =
genFactory.getCombinedGenerator(gen).

Russ