[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-2209355 ] interwiki.py shouldn't mix links to different namespaces

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 30 09:41:29 UTC 2008

Bugs item #2209355, was opened at 2008-10-30 10:15
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by a_engels
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=2209355&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: interwiki
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This was completely overkill:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Russian_Wikipedia&curid=2036528&diff=248581010&oldid=243610616

It violates [[WP:SELF]] by needlessly directing simple readers to places intended for editors, and propagates one mistake to every project.

Date: 2008-10-30 10:41

Message:
The bot already includes such links only if the operator says yes to them.
That some operators prefer to include the best links rather than adhere to
your dogmatism, is our (because I'm one of them) fault, not that of the
bot.