[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-2119685 ] interwiki.py does reverts

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 1 20:22:59 UTC 2008

Bugs item #2119685, was opened at 2008-09-19 18:53
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=2119685&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: interwiki
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I got this message. As far as I know is this an old feature, that should be solved a long time ago.
At this moment I'm working with revision 5909. But I don't know with which version I did the reverts.

For the description of the feature see the message send by someones else that detected this feature.

Hello Carsrac,

I would like to draw your attention to these edits made by your bot: [http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Auge&diff=48157069&oldid=48020013 article de:Auge] and [http://la.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Beatles&diff=562763&oldid=562701 article la:The Beatles]. Obviously, the bot didn't edit the version that was at that time the current one, but an older one. That's equivalent to doing a revert. It seems that the bot edited the second last version that had been created by a bot. In these cases that meant a revert of [http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Auge&diff=48157069&oldid=47723213 two versions] of de:Auge and of [http://la.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Beatles&diff=562763&oldid=551459 24 versions] of la:The Beatles.

How could that happen? Is there any reason to believe this didn't happen more often? I believe these are questions to be well considered since the bot seems to have done several thousand, if not tens of thousands of edits during that time. And it would be very assuring to know that the possibility that this still can or will happen can be ruled out.

--[[de:user:Lax]] - [[Gebruiker:88.65.169.226|88.65.169.226]] 19 sep 2008 10:15 (CEST)

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-10-01 20:22

Message:
I don't know whether this and "[ 1999895 ] iw bot doesn't detect edit
conflict" are the same bug, but here it does not really seem to be an edit
conflict. We are talking about 11 and 19 days, repeat DAYS, old versions
here.

Comment By: Carsrac (carsrac)
Date: 2008-09-20 01:16

Message:
It is the same problem as [ 1999895 ] iw bot doesn't detect edit conflict

Comment By: NicDumZ  Nicolas Dumazet (nicdumz)
Date: 2008-09-20 01:07

Message:
rciw.py for example *will* trigger this behavior quite often, sometimes
working on a version more than 10 hours old. I am not however, able to
confirm this on the standard interwiki.py