[Pywikipedia-l] [Wikitech-l] [Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Bot policy for all wikis

Nicolas Dumazet nicdumz at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:51:59 UTC 2008

Thanks for the link to our sourceforge Max.

Unless this feature is added to mediawiki core, yes - I'm speaking for
pywikipedia here - report us any bug in the interwiki sorting, and I
(we) will be happy to fix that for pywikipedia.

We do agree that there are local policies to respect on each projects,
and trust me, we try to work to comply with these rules. Sometimes we
are mistaken (today several complaints about the interwiki sorting of
sk: got raised, this should be fixed by now) but really, we are trying
to help the community, not to enforce some foreign wiki rules in
another.

2008/5/29 Max Semenik <maxsem.wiki at gmail.com>:

> Both major bot frameworks that may change the sort order of
> interwikis, pywikipedia and AWB, have a highly customizable sorter that
> follows http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Interwiki_sort_order . If a
> wiki is handled improperly, people should file a request to
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=93107 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:AWB/B
> respectively instead of whinning about Teh Evil English Cabal.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Nicolas Dumazet — NicDumZ [ nIk.d̪ymz ]