[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Feature Requests-1968997 ] weblinkchecker should ignore 401 unauthorized

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 22 18:10:51 UTC 2008

Feature Requests item #1968997, was opened at 2008-05-21 20:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nicdumz
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603141&aid=1968997&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Please provide an option for weblinkchecker to ignore HTTP 401 (Unauthorized) errors.  Realistically, pywikipedia will not have the same authorization credentials as a "real" wiki user, especially in corporate environments.

Some data: In our corporate wiki, out of 1500 unreachable links, over 1300 were "error 401" because the sites require Windows authentication that pywikipedia does not have.