[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: HELP

Huib Laurens sterkebak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:22:08 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Washington <washington367 at gmail.com>
Date: 2011/11/10
Subject: HELP
To: mediawiki-l-owner at lists.wikimedia.org

*Hi, I just recently got on board with MediaWiki and am looking forward to
utilizing its functionality for use with a story I am in the process of
writing.

Upon installation, I noticed I am unable to access my wiki main page, nor
am I able to edit it because of a DATABASE ERROR. After temporarily adding
the function: $wgShowSQLErrors =true; It reads precisely as follows:*

*DATABASE ERROR*
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software.
The last attempted database query was:

    SELECT log_type,log_action,log_user,
log_namespace,log_title,log_params,log_comment,
log_id,log_deleted,log_timestamp,user_name,user_editcount,
ts_tags FROM `logging` FORCE INDEX (page_time,user_time) INNER JOIN `user`
ON
 ((user_id=log_user)) LEFT JOIN `tag_summary` ON ((ts_log_id=log_id))
 WHERE (log_action != 'revision') AND (log_type != 'suppress') AND log_type
IN ('delete','move')
 AND log_namespace = '0' AND log_title = 'Main_Page' AND ((log_deleted & 9)
!= 9) AND
 (user_id = log_user) ORDER BY log_timestamp DESC LIMIT 11

from within function "IndexPager::reallyDoQuery (LogPager)".
 Database returned error "1176: Key 'user_time' doesn't exist in table
'logging' (localhost)".

*To be perfectly honest I have no idea what this means. I've attempted to
re-install mediawiki only to arrive at the same dead end. From what I can
tell, something seems to be missing, but I'm no tech guru or anything. Any
help on this matter would be much appreciated!*

                                                           Thanks, Nick.

--
Kind regards,

Huib Laurens