[Mediawiki-l] [MediaWiki-l] Skin-Synagonism

Kaseluris-Nikos-1959 kaseluris.nikos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 06:09:33 UTC 2011

I have created the skin "synagonism" that greatly improvespage-READING
by moving the table-of-contents on the left and showingthe position
the reader is reading!
More specifically:1) The left sidebar now is a drop-down menu, always
visible.2) Thelogo, the portlets personal and search and the title of
the page arealways visible.3) The table-of-contents (toc) moved on the
left in asplittable-pane, always visible.4) The toc is an expandable
tree.5)There is two-way communication between the toc and the
articles.* Byclicking on the toc, goes to that heading and the user
can copy theaddress of any section of an article.* By clicking on a
section of anarticle, in the toc is highlited this section and its
parents are onlyexpanded, giving to the reader the big picture of the
position s|he isreading. Thus improves the readability of big
articles.6) If there isno toc in a page (eg less than 3 headings), the
toc automaticallycloses and leaves all the space for the article.7)
Splitbar has abutton that closes|opens the toc with one click.You can
find it at SourceForge: http://synagonism-mw.sourceforge.net/
I don't have much MediaWiki code experience and I am too old  to bean
expert on it!!!
Please, If commiters are interesting in my skin's functionality,
docode review and commit my skin for me.
Reporting bugs to me, I'll do my best.
(my slogan at the end, shows why I call my skin "synagonism"!)
--
Kaseluris-Nikos-1959
Synagonism = ALL winners, Antagonism = ONE winner