[Mediawiki-l] upcoming conferences - help tell people about MediaWiki, get volunteers?

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Sun Aug 21 13:58:06 UTC 2011

If you're going to a conference, here's a leaflet you can print and
give out to encourage people to contribute to MediaWiki:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/File:MediaWiki_flyer_20110725-1.pdf

Also, if you'd like to teach a two-hour "How to customize/hack
MediaWiki" workshop at some upcoming conference, unconference,
barcamp, whatever, I can help you out.  Guillaume Paumier and I are
turning http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_become_a_MediaWiki_hacker/Workshop
into a syllabus that anyone can teach.

Some upcoming conferences where we could recruit more testers, users,
and developers:

* Ubuntu Global Jam, 2-4 Sept., 42 events around the world
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

* Open Video Conference, especially the open media developers' track,
Sept. 10-12, New York City, USA http://openvideoconference.org/

* ZendCon (PHP conference), Oct. 17-20, Santa Clara, USA
http://www.zendcon.com/

* PostgreSQL Europe, Oct. 18-21, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://2011.pgconf.eu

* PHPCon Poland, Oct. 21-23, http://www.phpcon.pl/  Wikia's Łukasz
Garczewski is attending and giving the talk "Do you speak English, yes
I don't" and will help me out, but more help is welcome.

If you are going to one of those and you'd like Wikimedia stickers or
buttons to pass out, please let me know.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator