[Mediawiki-l] Problem with custom skin path

Daniel Steiner steiner at futurelife.ch
Thu Sep 30 07:28:58 UTC 2010

Thank you very much.
Inserting "global $IP;" works perfectly.

(P.S. Sorry for confusing, I'm not using three dots. It was only for
shortening real path string.)

Daniel

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 01:46:30 +0200
From: Platonides < >
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Problem with custom skin path
To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org

Daniel Steiner wrote:
> While testing this, I got the a error like:
>
> "Warning: require_once(/usr/local/...
/Common/includes/SkinTemplate.php)

<http://foundation-register.org/stf1test/index.php/function.require-once
>> ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> /usr/local/.../Common/skins/MonoBook.deps.php on line 12"

Are you using three dots?
Only two dots lead you to your parent.

.
> 'includes/SkinTemplate.php' ", which belongs to normal directory
> structure.
>
> The strange thing now is, changing the statement in MonoBook.deps.php
> "$IP/includes/SkinTemplate.php" didn't work.
>
> It seems, $IP isn't available at this point and the statement results
in
> "require_once (/includes/SkinTemplate.php)" only.

Try adding a  global $IP; above that.