[Mediawiki-l] Problem with custom skin path

Daniel Steiner steiner at futurelife.ch
Wed Sep 29 13:13:10 UTC 2010

I'm on shared server with no console access and it's not possible trough
the web-based file manager.

But anyway, why is $IP not working/available in MonoBook.deps.php
Thanks for help

Daniel Steiner

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 00:04:04 -0700
From: Trevor Parscal <tparscal at wikimedia.org>
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Problem with custom skin path
To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org

  Why not just use symlinks?

- Trevor

On 9/28/10 11:07 PM, Daniel Steiner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to use a common skin path for two different wikis to share
file
> resources.
>
> Directory structure is as follows:
>
> /DOCUMENT_ROOT/wiki1
>
> /DOCUMENT_ROOT/wiki2
>
> /DOCUMENT_ROOT/Common/skins
>

> For this, I added to each LocalSettings file:
>
> $wgStyleDirectory ="$IP/../Common/skins"
>
> $wgStylePath ="/Common/skins"
>

> While testing this, I got the a error like:
>
> "Warning: require_once(/usr/local/...
/Common/includes/SkinTemplate.php)

<http://foundation-register.org/stf1test/index.php/function.require-once

.