[Mediawiki-l] Re render math images

Zak Greant (Foo Associates) zak at fooassociates.com
Tue Sep 21 05:32:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 20:09, Adam Meyer <meyer7 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> All the math images have a white background. So I changed wgTexvcBackgroundColor to be transparent.
> So all the new math renderings are transparent, but the existing ones are still white.
> Is there a way to force them to re render, under maintenance or something?

I don't know this part of MediaWiki, so I've been poking around in the
docs and the source. Grepping through the maintenance directory, it
doesn't seem like there is a script for this.

However, if $wgMathCheckFiles is set to true (which it is by default),
then MediaWiki should ensure that the files generated by texvc exist.
If I'm reading the manual page
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgMathCheckFiles) right, then
you should just be able to move the existing images to another
directory and new images should be generated on demand.

I've dropped a few more notes into
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Math. The changes are currently
awaiting review, so you'll need to log in or visit
http://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Manual:Math&stable=0&redirect=no
to see them.

--
Cheers!