[Mediawiki-l] Moral standards

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Sat May 29 12:54:00 UTC 2010

> That is a moral standard. Freedom is more important then moral
> imperative.
Freedom is subject to obligations. You have the "freedom" - read, "power" -
to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. You '''don't''' have a right to do
so.

> I do not have the freedom to vandalise Wikipedia.
Sure you do. People do it all the time. But you don't have a '''right''' to
do so. And you don't have a '''right''' to fill this list with off-topic
issues. Create a new list, and let others exercise '''their''' freedom to
spend allocate their time on lists as they choose.