[Mediawiki-l] Moral standards

Bernard@bernardHulsman.nl bernard at bernardhulsman.nl
Fri May 28 16:32:12 UTC 2010

nevio carlos de alarcão wrote:
>> Of course, if you (or Bernard) see some relevance in the
>> question that I have failed to see, please let me know...
>>

> Dear, I see your point. However I think we are a community either and, and
> from this point of view, I think we should address this subject.
> Respectfully
>
> 2010/5/28 Raymond Wan <r.wan at aist.go.jp>

Thanks all for responding. It is indeed about the community. And I do
agree Wikipedia, Wikimedia and MediaWiki are different although close
related. The subject is not about Wikipedia. On Wikipedia there is a
well structured procedures, even some automated implemented, about moral
standards and how to act if they are abused. If we didn't have them for
Wikipedia, the content of Wikipedia could not have been close to the
quality we have now.

It is about the community with different actors in it. If we are able to
define moral standards and how to act if abused I think the quality of
the community and the pleasure working in it will increase.

With regards,

Bernard