[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki uses PHP

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:58:40 UTC 2010

Tyler wrote:
> I have a weird computer in which you can NOT install additional software except that
> made by HumanWare, my computer's manufacturer.  It's an expensive,
rare computer that
> only visually impaired people like me know about.  It's called a
BrailleNote.

So... complain to HumanWare?
I don't know what kind of software runs there.
I first thought that you were running some Windows, in which case you
could use binaries that don't need "installation", like the ones on [1]
[2]. There are also subversion clients that are "unzip & run".

Since you can't install software, are you sure you will be able to run
MediaWiki there? You will need at least a php interpreter, and a web
server (you could skip the db server if using SQLite backend).
It would also be possible to use a php script to ungzip an untar the
package.
If you can't install software, installing mediawiki may not be too feasible.

1- http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gzip.htm
2- http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libarchive.htm