[Mediawiki-l] Slow response problem

Sam.Sexton at thomsonreuters.com Sam.Sexton at thomsonreuters.com
Thu Mar 25 08:45:31 UTC 2010

Hi all,

My 1.13.0 SAMP Mediawiki (PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.67-log) is running far
too slowly, although there's precious little going on in the LDOM in
which it runs. I've got a Subversion system running in a similar
environment, with no such problems, so it's unlikely to be the host or
network. I therefore think it has to be related to the wiki and
associated software. I had some problems getting mcrypt to compile when
I installed phpMyAdmin and it's been running without that (and complains
to that effect when I log in, but otherwise functions properly), but I
wouldn't have thought that would affect anything other than my use of
phpMyAdmin, but could that be a contributory factor?

I've looked at the Manual page on cacheing, but we don't have any
anonymous users, so that wouldn't help.

Any other suggestions as to what to look for would be welcome - I've
already increased the MySQL cache settings as per the advice of an
appropriately experienced person, but it made no difference.

Cheers,

/Sam

Sam Sexton
Provisioning Team Leader