[Mediawiki-l] Texvc Question / Problem

Charlie Parry ckp2 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 10 19:31:17 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I'm helping someone get their MediaWiki set up, and they need to use the
Texvc module to display the mathematical functions that are part of their
content.

The host provider (SiteGround) has installed the module, and it does work
some of the time, but fails other times.  The provider has now declined to
offer further support, claiming that the module is correctly installed, so
I'm trying to figure out the next step I can take in debugging this
'occasional' problem.

An example of the error that we receive is:

Failed to parse (unknown error): \theta _{\text{0}}

And the page output may be seen here:

http://foodprocessmodel.org/index.php?title=Flow_through_Porous_Beds

I am new to this list and apologize if I'm asking an old question - I had
not yet discovered it in the archives.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Charlie