[Mediawiki-l] Wrong database, maybe

Javier Bezos jbezos at fundeu.es
Wed Mar 10 14:57:25 UTC 2010

Thank yoy for your interest and answers.

Platonides:

> So you shouldn't have tried to convert the content, that would have
> broken it.

Very likely this is what they did.

> Without knowing the exact way your db is broken, it'd be hard to fix it.
> What search are you using? The internal one? Maybe you can share a
> one-revision sql dump?

And your crystall ball? ;-) Well, as to the problem with the search I've
discovered the key for the searchindex table is generated with U8<hex>
while the table has u8<hex>. So, if I replace in SeachMySQL.php

$searchon = $this->db->strencode( $searchon );

by

$searchon = $this->db->strencode( $wgContLang->lc ($searchon) );

words are found. I'm using this as a workaround, but I'm investigating
the origin of the problem (any hints?).

> PS: Update to 1.15.2, you are vulnerable to CSS image inclusion.

Thank you. Please, could you give a pointer explaining it?

Cheers
Javier