[Mediawiki-l] db creation

Mark Eriksen marke at gnu.org
Mon Mar 1 03:01:37 UTC 2010

Hi!

I'm supposed to turn an existing MVC style site, about 20000 pages, into
a mediawiki.

I am hoping I can just do some straight forward writing of data into
the SQL database.  But before I bother to investigate,  I thought it
worthwhile to ask here about possible docs or advice on this, since
the MW db diagram from the site is totally meaningless/useless to me
-- I would rather just hack away at whatever tables I can find, etc. --
and saw nothing obvious on line.

Anyway, I understand the MW mark-up and would really really like to
just take the existing db, translate it into MW pages, and store it
appropriately.  Any thoughts are appreciated.