[Mediawiki-l] Annoying File Upload Change in 1.16b3

Douglas Mason douglasmason at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 13:34:56 UTC 2010

Dear All,

There is a common workflow to file uploads: type in the name of the file
[[File:Filename.ext]] in the wikipage, save it, click on the link, select
the file for upload and hit upload, then go back to the original page.

With 1.16b3, for some reason, when you select the file, it renames the
destination filename! What a pain! So to add to my misery: I now have to
select the file name and copy to clipboard, select the file, and then paste
the original destination filename.

Anyone else observed this? Any solutions? How did a broken system just
get... brokener?

Douglas