[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki version statistics

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:34:37 UTC 2010

Hoi,
I love FUD. The functionality we are discussing here will be open for
inspection to anyone. The fact that some malicious home calling applications
exist do not make all such applications suspect.

A good example of phone home software is the "update manager" in Ubuntu that
informs me when it is time to update my software. Phoning home is also
normal in anti-virus software. Truly the organisations who employ "phone
home" functionality have a reputation to keep up, when they abuse the trust
people put in them, they will lose out.
Thanks,
     GerardM