[Mediawiki-l] Some extension functions only working for users logged in

Frank Sundermeyer fs at suse.de
Mon Jan 18 11:18:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have got a problem with some extension (CategoryTree, ParserFunctions) only
working for users that are logged in. If not logged in, the plain tags are
displayed (CategoryTree) or the output is completely garbled.

I can rule out that any settings in Localsettings.php are causing this error
(have tested it on a test instance). I have also tried the latest snapshot of
CategoryTree from SVN. It is also no browser or caching issue.

The interesting thing is that Special:Version also differs for users logged in
/ not logged in. Among others, <categorytree> is only listed under "Parser
extension tags" when logged in:

http://wiki.opensuse.org/images/5/56/Logged-in1.png
http://wiki.opensuse.org/images/1/18/Not-logged-in1.png

Any hints what could cause this error?

MediaWiki version: 1.15.1
PHP version: 5.2.6
OS: Linux

--
Thanks
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)