[Mediawiki-l] How to Enable JavaScript for MediaWiki

Svip svippy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 21:13:19 UTC 2009

2009/11/5 Ross Xu <rossxunix at yahoo.ca>:
> Greetings,
>
> I am using MediaWiki 1.15.1 for my wiki site.
> I'd like to know if JavaScript is enabled by default. If not, how to enable it?

It is enabled by default.  Only thing you need to worry about enabling
js for users.

Instead use [[MediaWiki:Monobook.js]] or Common.js, depending on if
you want it skin-wide.

> The reason I am asking this is ...
> If I create my monobook.js at wikipedia and add "{{subst:navpop}}", it automatically converts after Save. But for my wiki site, it doesn't. And none of my js for my wiki seems working.

Regardless of the enabling of js, this should have nothing to do with
your problem.  Are you sure [[Template:Navpop]] contains anything?
Otherwise {{subst:navpop}} will fail.

> BTW, my wiki site is a virtual web server from my ISP. Is this a problem?

No.