[Mediawiki-l] Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in Unknown on line 0

mschamschula at gmail.com mschamschula at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 22:33:03 UTC 2009

Hi mediawiki folks,

I installed MediaWIki 1.14.0 on my Mac OS X Server 10.4 machine. I'm
running Apache 2.2.11, php 5.2.9 and MySQL 5.0.77. I had no problem running
config/index.php, but when I try to the link to index.php/Main_Page the
server times out with "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds
exceeded in Unknown on line 0" in the error_log. I tried tracing this, and
got to includes/Wiki.php, specifically line 447: $article->view(); . If I
comment this line out the page doesn't hang, but also fails to display
anything...

Any ideas?

TIA

Marius