[Mediawiki-l] Reinstalling in place

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at BATTELLE.ORG
Thu Mar 26 12:29:03 UTC 2009

Quipped David Gerard On Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:29 AM
>Questions:
>
>1. Has anyone else done this? Gotchas?
>2. If the fouled-up-ness extends to the data in the database, such
>that the reinstalled copy is broken in the same way ... what partial
>recovers are possible?

Hi David,

Don't forget to copy your images/uploads folder over also. You may want to run rebuildImages.php --force and rebuildAll.php from the maintenance directory once you finish setting the new one up.  Those magically fix a lot of problems for us.  Other than that you should likely be good to go.

I don't have any tips for fixing the database unless it's corrupt and then you can figure out the MySQL rebuild commands as well as I can.

Good luck!
-Courtney