[Mediawiki-l] How do i correctly move my wiki from domain1.de/winfwiki/index.php to domain2.de/index.php

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Mon Mar 16 10:36:14 UTC 2009

>At 09:19 +0100 16/3/09, heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de wrote:
>>Hi List,
>>
>>i am somewhat disappointed about the reaction to my question. I can't
>>belive nobody here is experienced in moving a wiki from one domain to
>>another... :(
>>We really need help here as our boss wants us to move that wiki this
week.

>>Here's the Problem again in short:
>>
>>After moving all files, the wiki-internal links (with syntax
>>[[article-to-be-linked]] ) contains wrong URLs (new domain but with the
>>path from the old location).
>>This causes a server error:
>>
>>Not Found
>>The requested URL /winfwiki/index.php/Testseite was not found on this
>>server.
>>Apache Server at wiki.intermoves.de Port 80
>>
>>This behaviour is occasionally and we have no clue why.
>>

>This is strange behaviour. How did you dump the mysql database?

As both domains are hosted on the same server i just moved the files and
did not do anything with the DB. There are nightly backups, created with
mysqldump and stored in .sql files.

>MediaWiki               1.13.0
>PHP             5.1.6 (apache2handler)
>MySQL           5.0.27-log
>
>Upgrade (to 1.13.5), and re-run the (web page)installer? Possibly
>without the data? You could also try 1.14.0 which I have done.
>
># 1.14.0 - 2009-02-22
># 1.13.5 - 2009-02-22

I didn't have the heart to move AND upgrade in one step.
Now i think maybe it's the best to move the wiki, rename the
LocalSettings.php to LocalSettings-backup.php, then re-run the web
installer.
If the links aren't alright then, we could still try to update the wiki.

>I also note that you are running 5.0 mysql. Was the old site also mysql?

Yes, as mentioned above, the DB is still the same.

>Gordo
>
>--
>"Think Feynman"/////////
>http://pobox.com/~gordo/
>gordon.joly at pobox.com///

I'll try out the webinstaller and report the results here as soon as i'm
done.

Best regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst