[Mediawiki-l] Error using importDump.php

Frames Project frames at lct.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 16 09:09:29 UTC 2009

Hello

I did a XML backup of a Wiki database using phpMyAdmin.

Then I tried to import it in a new empty Wiki.
I tried
 php importDump.php wiki.xml

1. I got a series of Warnings I do not understand :

PHP Warning:  xml_parse(): Unable to call handler ()
in ../mediawiki/includes/specials/SpecialImport.php on line 560

2 an an error :

Erreur lors de l’analyse de l’import XML à la ligne 6586, col 77 (octet
255543; "</cl_sortkey>
  ") : Invalid character

(Error when analyzing the XML import a line 6586, col 77 ...)

Is this procedure the good one to import such an XML database ?

Thanks
François Colonna