[Mediawiki-l] Google Summer of Code 2009

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 11 00:17:38 UTC 2009

I’ve just put in Wikimedia’s org application for Google Summer of Code
2009… Hopefully we’ll get in. :)

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2009
^ Add and update cool project ideas as a starting point for student
applicants!

We’ve had mixed luck in previous years with GSoC, but I think we’ve got
enough internal bandwidth this year that we can make sure there’s enough
effort put into interacting with the student candidates ahead of time to
pick the coolest and most go-get-em self-starter awesome projects and
then support them through the project term.

I’ve also tossed up a student application template if you want to get
started early. :)

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2009/Application_template

-- brion