[Mediawiki-l] Dynamic Pages in a Wiki

Charlie Markwick charlie-markwick at southcot.com
Thu Jul 30 04:42:58 UTC 2009

Currently we hold our company procedures and process on a wiki. Our
other systems have links to the relevant pages in the wiki. Thus our
inventory system might have a link to standard text that needs to be
sent out. EG an example is:-

http://web01:2003/index.php?title=Our_Standard_Texts#LaptopRebuilds

Which takes us to:

"Please note that your laptop ########, serial number ++++++++, is
scheduled for a rebuild. Please contact us to make the necessary
arrangements."

In this case we have to manually substitute a laptop hostname for
######## and serial number for ++++++++.

As the Inventory system knows both these values, are there any ways of
building a more dynamic wiki page so we can populate the text. EG

http://web01:2003/index.php?title=Our_Standard_Texts#LaptopRebuilds&Host
Name=Developer01&SerialNumber=123456

To take us to the page and creates:

"Please note that your laptop Developer01, serial number 1232456, is
scheduled for a rebuild. Please contact us to make the necessary
arrangements."

Charlie