[Mediawiki-l] Replacing Newline using Extension:StringFunctions

Jack D. Pond jack.pond at psitex.com
Mon Aug 31 20:07:41 UTC 2009

Waseem etal,

I would like to modify Extension:StringFunctions to allow this.

This requested functionalit is useful in making it easier for users to
edit/create information in infoblocks without having to remember to put in

The end result would allow display (in a template) by using the extended
parser function "replace"

Example:

{{#replace:{{{Input String}}}|\n|<br>}}

Details on how this would be done are at:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:StringFunctions#re:_Replacing_N
ew_Lines.2C_Line_Breaks

Jack