[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki/LDAP Authentication/encryption problem

Marc Noguera MNoguera at imppc.org
Wed Aug 12 15:33:44 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I have just installed mediawiki at my site and I would like to use LDAP authentication in order to centralize user management.
We have a LDAPs server up and running and I am trying to use LDAP authentication extension (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication).
The system is a Fedora Core 10 on a x86_64
I have followed the instruction on the web, at least I think so, and can't login with a valid LDAP user.
I ahve enabled LocalSettings.php in order to get debug info with:

$wgLDAPDebug=3;
$wgDebugLogGroups["ldap"]="/tmp/debug.log";

but the debug.log file is not created
The configuration in LocalSettins.php is:

require_once( "$IP/extensions/LdapAuthentication/LdapAuthentication.php" );
$wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();

$wgLDAPDomainNames = array( "domain" );
$wgLDAPServerNames = array( "domain" => "127.0.0.1" );
#$wgLDAPPasswordHash = array ( "domain" => "ssl" );
$wgLDAPSearchStrings = array( "domain" => "uid=USER-NAME,ou=People,dc=genomica,dc=imppc,dc=org");
$wgLDAPSearchAttributes = array( "domain" => "uid" );
$wgLDAPBaseDNs = array( "domain" => "dc=domain,dc=foo,dc=org" );

$wgLDAPEncryptionType = array( "domain" => "ssl" );

I am quite lost at the moment and don't know what have to do next.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Marc

Marc Noguera i Julian, PhD
Genomics unit / Bioinformatics
Institut de Medicina Preventiva i Personalitzada
del Càncer (IMPPC)
B-10 Office
email: mnoguera_at_imppc.org
web: http://klingon.uab.es/marc