[Mediawiki-l] [WANTED] Developer for extension improvement $

Wikimini webmaster at wikimini.org
Wed Apr 29 15:58:06 UTC 2009

Hi!

I’m the creator and coordinator of the Wikimini Web site, which is an
encyclopedia written by children 8-13 years (at the moment it's only
available in French, but I plan to make it available in other
languages in the future… with some help). According to the age of
participants, we are using the SelectCategory extension
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SelectCategory) to let them
more easily classify the articles. In its last version, SelectCategory
shows a checkbox list of existing categories and the user can then
just select the one(s) he wants to be assigned to the article. Since
the launch of the project in October 2008 we have been testing this
system with only ten main categories. It works pretty well and
children use it without any difficulties.

But now I’m planning to add about one hundred categories and
subcategories. Therefore I would like the SelectCategory checkbox
listing to looks like CategoryTree
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/CategoryTree). Some users asked for
such an option in the extension talk page
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:SelectCategory ) but
haven’t received any answer yet.

That’s what I’m looking for and I hope some of you might help me. I am
completely ok to pay for such a service. (Last thing : A great plus
would be to add a feature that automatically uncheck parent category
when one of its child is checked. This should be possible with some
JavaScript).

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English.

Laurent
http://fr.wikimini.org

Quick links :

- SelectCategory Extension :