[Mediawiki-l] Javascript section on mediawiki.org?

Peter Flindt (Lastwebpage) lastwebpage at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 20:56:13 UTC 2009

Platonides wrote on 04.04.2009 n Message <gr8et7$jf$1 at ger.gmane.org> :
> Peter Flindt (Lastwebpage) wrote:
>> Hello,
>> when I click around in the extension section a lot of extensions use
>> for e.g. addOnloadHook.
>>
>> But I can search on mediawiki.org, wikimedia.org and wikipedia.org, I
>> can't find any kind of documents on this websites, except for some
>> comments on the discus pages.
>>
>> Every user copy and paste the exetension in his own wiki, without the
>> question "WHY?". I think functions like this should somewhere, at a
>> "central place" documented.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> P.S.: Maybe I need new eyeclasses, but sorry, I can't find anything
>> about addOnloadHook. And this is only an example, I think there are
>> more JS things like this.

> addOnloadHook is defined on wikibits.js, so it comes with every mediawiki.

yes, maybe, after a google search for wikibits addOnloadHook I found:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Skin
But this was an example. Let's assume I find in an extension the
function blahblah()
wherefrom I should know the .js file which contain this function?
Try a text search in all js files?
I think it would be nice if the description for this "main" JS
functions with a description should be somewhere on the website.

Peter