[Mediawiki-l] LunarPages hosting and MediaWiki - our site is slow and hosting provider reports that index.php is the cause

Evelyn Yoder eyoder at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:12:56 UTC 2008

Hello folks:

We host our support site (www.longjumpsupport.com) from LunarPages. The site
is terribly slow today, either not loading pages (stalling) or timing out.
We upgraded to V1.13 (from 1.12) at the beginning of October, and it has
been working very well until this morning.

I contacted the LunarPages folks, and after asking me what the application
requirements were for MediaWiki (!), they said that the reason is that the *
index.php* file was working too hard/running too many scripts, and causing
the timeouts.

The tech said he would make notes regarding the problem and send them to me,
however I don't know what this data indicates or how to resolve the problem.

Has anyone encountered this before, or have suggestions?

TIA,
Evelyn

---- TECH RESPONSE STARTS HERE ----

Hello, Per your request the load on your user is as follows:

CPU usage 2.96 MEM usage 0.62 MySQL usage 1.0 Top Process%CPU 41.0[php-cgi]
Top Process%CPU 39.0 /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cgi /home/.../wiki/index.php
Top Process%CPU 36.0 /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cgi /home/.../wiki/index.php
Best Regards, ...

---- TECH RESPONSE ENDS HERE ----