[Mediawiki-l] Tables broken in MySQL 5

Matthias Korn matsch at rockinchina.com
Wed Jun 4 22:38:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

our hosting provider upgraded to mysql 5 (5.0.32-Debian_7etch4-log).

With this MediaWiki stopped working completely with an internal error
saying he could not find the table:

//---------------------------------------
MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'A database
error has occurred
Query: SELECT value,exptime FROM `wiki_objectcache` WHERE
keyname='usr_web36_5-wiki_:messages'
Function: MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doquery
Error: 1146 Table 'usr_web36_5.wiki_objectcache' doesn't exist
(localhost) '
in /var/www/web36/html/test/wiki/includes/Database.php:844
Stack trace:
[..]

I can still see the tables with phpMyAdmin, but I also cannot access
them in any way (structure, content, repair, etc.). Strange enough,
only the MediaWiki tables are affected. Other tables in the same
database still work normal.

Any ideas how to repair those tables?

Thanks,
Matthias