[Mediawiki-l] making extra buttons in edit page tool

Rein rein at livingtale.nl
Wed Jun 4 19:01:05 UTC 2008

To my surprise was the unintended consequence of installing common.js the appearance of lay-ou buttons on top of the editing screen.
I had been looking for it desperately, but not found.

But it tasted for more!
The positioning is just far better than on the bottom of the page. Select text and click the button - no scrolling needed!
For instance an extra button for the making of anchored pagelinks would be very helpful: [[#|insert]insert].
But as you maybe could learn of my opening statement: not knowing why they appeared means also not knowing where to adapt and copy the existing buttons.
Who can help