[Mediawiki-l] Windows, MediaWiki, Apache: millions of page faults?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Fri Jan 25 13:55:12 UTC 2008

For anyone running MediaWiki and Apache on Windows: are you seeing lots
of page faults in the httpd.exe process? Like, hundreds of millions?
(I've already asked this question in the Apache lists and gotten no
response.)  To see them, run Task Manager and in the View menu, choose
to view "Page Faults".
With MediaWiki 1.11.0 and Apache 2.2 running on Windows 2003 Server,
every web page hit generates 3000 page faults or more;   Is this normal?
If not, any suggestions for which settings to tweak first?
The httpd.conf file hasn't been changed much from the default.  I'll be
happy to post it if that helps.
There is plenty of RAM (2 gigabytes, only 50% used).  It's a VMware
virtual machine if that matters.
DanB