[Mediawiki-l] Case-insensitive page names?

Kilian winkelklammern at texttheater.de
Fri Jan 18 14:37:40 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 18.01.2008, 09:24 -0500 schrieb Adam Meyer:
> There is not, but I am one of the biggest supporters of this. If you
> can think of a way of doing it, I will gladly help out in any way I can.
>
> I have tried changing the core code, but I couldn't figure it out.
> -Adam

Just to sketch how I would try to solve this: Write an extension to the
appropriate hook (see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:MediaWiki_hooks). When a page is
requested, look up if a page with that title (case insensitive) exists.
If yes, perform an external (HTTP) or internal redirect (a matter of
taste, I guess) to the page with the requested title in its canonical
form. If no, proceed as usual.

~ Kilian