[Mediawiki-l] SVG rendering (was: Is there a way to limit the size of images uploaded)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:00:07 UTC 2008

> ImageMagick also does SVGs, but it's crap at them. librsvg is the only
> sane way IMO. This too has a ridiculously long string of dependencies
> (probably all the way down to the original .au of the Free Software
> Song) so you really don't even want to attempt it unless it's in the
> repository system of whatever you're installing it on. (again, fine on
> CentOS 4.5.)

By the way, I just updated the SVG section in the manual:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Image_Administration#SVG

Is anyone here actually using Inkscape or Sodipodi for SVG rendering
in MediaWiki? What's the performance like? Has anyone tested this?

(I was also surprised to discover Safari on MacOS X does SVGs
natively. I haven't tested with my personal favourite bastard SVG from
Hell ...)

- d.