[Mediawiki-l] Template Question

Dr JFBurté burtejf at orange.fr
Thu Aug 21 16:25:03 UTC 2008

> {{LANGUAGE1}}.  On my page, it displays every parameter like
> {{{DESCRIPTION1}}} {{{DESCRIPTION2}}}.  Plus it has a bunch of {{ #if {{
> #if.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi Patrick,
1°) Did you get the ParserFonctions extension ??
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:ParserFunctions
(and a recent version of MW)

2° Which kind of InfoBox ?
Because the behaviour of the parameters is different when you write
 | param1 = something
and
 | param1={{{param1}}} <!-- choose to understand/construct the display -->

In fact you can find some InfoBox very simple with only one level , or
InfoBox that uses a "core" then you get two levels between the core
(complex) and the final page. And when you forget ParserFunctions, then MW
can't understand the 2 levels, and then display both of the
"non-interpreted" parameters.

@+ de jfb "0.02$"