[Mediawiki-l] Wikitext

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Thu Sep 27 18:52:43 UTC 2007

Please don't take this as a direct hit but ..

I have seen similar in many postings and have to say that it is just not
true.  There is no reason that a WYSIWYG editor would not give the same
control.  The fact that there is not a good answer now is one thing ..
but thinking that all users *should be* programmers is .. well not right
(to my way of thinking).

wikiText does give you a little *simpler* method over straight html but
a good editor would be much preferable even to a coder like me.  It is
great to SEE what it is you are doing.  Some coders use syntax checking,
code complete etc.  Just more tools.

thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation