[Mediawiki-l] Howto upgrade from 1.7 to current release

Florian Poeck (EDV) - Kniel System-Electronic GmbH f.poeck at kniel.de
Tue Sep 18 12:53:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

What i am using at the moment:
--
At the moment i am using an old Debian Server which hosts our local
MediaWiki-Farm.
So basicly just several wikis.
This wiki is based on Debian's apt sources  -> old release -> 1.7

Target:
--
Switch those wikis to a new Ubuntu-Server with a current MediaWiki build
from scratch.

Unfortunaly i am not really sure how-to handle this switch/update/upgrade.
i.e. I assume the MySQL tables have changed

So what is the best way to move this old 1.7 based wiki-content to a new
server with the current release ?
Is there a public documentation for such updates ?
Any additional links or similar you can recommend ?

Best regards
Florian