[Mediawiki-l] How to copy a page?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:16:05 UTC 2007

On 17/09/2007, Nelson A Li <nli at csc.com> wrote:
> Looks like I am too new to converse in the right terminology.  Sounds like
> the right name for "copy" is "export & import".  However, no body cares to
> share a little more about the details of 'export/import".  I assume it is
> too trivial to do that.  But, somehow it seems that "export/import" is not
> that trivial after all.  There was another message mentioned
> "OpenOffice.org does mediswiki wikitext export".  Does that mean this
> export (/import?) function is not a media extention?  do I need to install
> another software package (OOo2.3.0) and learn how to use it together with
> mediawiki?

You can use the Duplicator extension
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Duplicator) to make complete
independent copies of pages while retaining full histories.

Importing and exporting are core features of MediaWiki; the
announcement was a coincidence and is of interest to those attempting
to import documents which can be read in OpenOffice and thus exported
to our wiki text format for simplified use in a MediaWiki wiki.

Rob Church