[Mediawiki-l] LDAP Authentication

Lane, Ryan Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Wed Sep 5 15:16:12 UTC 2007

> Hi all,
>
> I want to authenticate in a LDAP server using  Extension:LDAP
> Authentication, but my "uid" is "first_lastname" (underline
character).
> My LDAP server receive "first lastname" (space).
> If my uid doesn't  have the underline, i can ogin without problem.
>
> How can I send the correct uid to LDAP server?
>
> Where are the "str_replace" stuuf that remove the underline and make a
> space?
>
> Thanks.

User names must be valid MediaWiki page names. As such, the wiki is
going to replace underscores with spaces. If your usernames always have
underscore, and never have spaces, then you can munge the username in
the authenticate function.

Since there is no real fix for this, no support will be added to the
LDAP plugin. You'll have to make this change manually.

You might also consider not using underscores (or any special
characters) in usernames, as many applications have issues with special
characters in usernames.

V/r,

Ryan Lane