[Mediawiki-l] Preventing extension output from being wrapped with "<p>" and "</p>"?

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Wed May 30 21:40:33 UTC 2007

Sigh, having written a couple of extensions to (separately) insert HTML
opening and closing tags into pages, I find that the output of those
extension tags is being wrapped in <p>...</p>. This occurs even if I
don't put line breaks before/after the tags (and omitting line breaks
messes other things up anyway).

For example, one of my tags outputs: <span style="display:block;
float:left; width:33%">

and in the HTML I get:

which is not only not what I want, but also incorrect HTML!

Thanks,
Ken